Mammo-pedia: 5 Things to Know About Breast Health
Breast health is a top priority for Every Woman. We've made it safe to prioritize your breast health and stay on top of your annual mammograms. Follow our Mammo-pedia for a quick guide to five must-know facts about breast health.
Find this guide helpful? Share this infographic with a girlfriend!
Five Facts About Breast Health
1. Women in their 40s have the most to gain from annual mammograms
Cell growth replicates faster in younger breast tissue. That's why an annual mammogram beginning at age 40 is so important.
2. 3D Mammography + SmartCurve equals accuracy and comfort
3D has been shown to increase early detection of breast cancer by 54%. SmartCurve has been shown to improve comfort in 93% of patients who reported discomfort with standard compression methods
3. A pea-size lump is better than a walnut-size lump
Early treatment is less invasive, less costly and has better outcomes.
- PEA: Average-size lump found by repeat mammograms.
- WALNUT : Average-size lump found by women untrained in self-exams
4. Know your risk by age 30
Developing an early breast cancer risk factor assessment and action plan with your primary care clinician can lead to a lifetime of breast health.
5. All mammograms are not created equal
Choose Solis Mammography for an exceptional experience
- 30-minute appointments
- 100% breast-dedicated radiologists
- Screening mammogram results within 24-48 hours