Important COVID-19 Guidelines
What to know about the COVID-19 vaccine and your annual screening mammogram
Is it safe to get a mammogram during or after the COVID vaccination process?
Yes, it is safe. Our radiologists are aware that some women may experience pain, swelling and/or enlarged lymph nodes in the armpit on the side where they had the vaccine; this is considered an expected or normal reaction. However, if you feel a lump in your armpit that lasts for more than six weeks after your vaccination, you should let your healthcare provider know.
Do I need to wait to get my mammogram if I’ve had the COVID vaccine?
No, there is no reason to delay your mammogram. In fact, maintaining your annual screening protocol is important for your breast health. If you are experiencing any new breast symptoms please notify your physician immediately.
Watch our brief safety video and review our full list of safety precautions below.
Our heightened safety precautions include:
- The screening of all staff and patients at the time of arrival
- Continuous and vigorous cleaning of countertops, doorknobs and equipment
- Continued social distancing of 6-feet except at the point of care
- Personal protective equipment for our clinical staff
- Patients must wear a face mask or fabric face covering while in our centers
- No guests or family members are allowed during appointments
If you have recently traveled out of the country, you will need to quarantine for 14-days prior to your appointment. If you have a temperature greater than 99.6 F or any of the following symptoms, please stay home and reschedule your appointment accordingly.
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
Thank you for your continued trust in Solis Mammography. If you have any questions about our heightened safety procedures, please call 866-717-2551 for more information.
Patient Registration Forms
Please print and fill out the following forms and bring them to your appointment to expedite the check in process.
Please note: Pre-registration forms are not for use at our Colorado, Illinois, Pennsylvania, and Tennessee centers.